Hi everyone! Even though it's my favourite month, I am happy to leave February and move into March. Spring is just around the corner and summer not far away. Reunion: July29 -31, 2011.
A few things have been set in place for our 'event' in the summer. Mel has a hold on a spot in the Sydney Mines Legion for Friday night. We can start things off with a supper that they have every Friday night. The menu is 'real' fish and chips and another choice for those who don't like fish. They also have a kids menu. All are reasonably priced. We can have a 'meet and greet' type event after this with some entertainment or whatever you'd like. (Please make suggestions.)
Saturday afternoon we'll be going to a park the Sydney Mines Legion has in the Boularderie area. We'll spend a fun-filled afternoon and evening there with games, a barbecue, fireworks, or whatever (again suggestions are welcome).
On Sunday we hope to make a day trip to Ingonish for a picnic at the beach. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and if not we'll have to come up with a Plan B (again, suggestions...)
It would be great if everyone could reply to this or send me an e-mail before the end of March to let me know if you are coming or with suggestions or ideas for events or games or whatever. Actually, if you could do that by then, Brenda and I would appreciate it so we can have an idea of what's what. I think we will also have to charge a nominal fee so we can purchase prizes, fireworks, marshmallows, etc.
So cousins, it would be nice to get together again to see everyone. Once I have an idea of numbers attending, I'll post again to let you know what's new with the 'Wilkie Reunion Two'. Take care, Marlene
No comments:
Post a Comment